1. Church fete fun. Last Sunday was the annual church fete which we are invited to every year by our friends. The children are given a little score card and have to visit 6 game tents where they receive a stamp for each game they complete,once their card is full they get to visit the prize tent. There is always a lot to see, do and eat there with donkey rides and a climbing wall along with a hog roast and candy floss stall it’s no surprise we had a great few hours.
2. Watching Scott run his marathon. As you may have seen in my previous post I’m just a teeny bit proud of Scott for completing the Milton Keynes marathon in 3 hours 49minutes. Still proud today 😊
3. Frozen fruit! It may seem like a small thing but over the last couple of weeks I’ve started buying bags of frozen fruit, We love soft fruit but often with T at her Dads on the weekend and Scott working it either goes off too quickly or I end up eating it all! Frozen fruit I’ve decided is the way forward! This week we have frozen mango and pineapple and when we want some I just empty it into a bowl and a couple of hours later it’s ready to drizzle some fat free yoghurt on or just eat as is!
4. Reading. This week I have been reading The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. Now I’m not one for soppy films or books usually choosing to avoid them but this book has me hooked! I only started it last weekend and I’m already on chapter 15, if I have to stop reading and come back to it later I’m finding myself wondering what is going to happen next! I can’t wait to read a bit more when I’ve finished this post actually 😂 Nicholas Sparks you have converted me!
5. An unexpected evening! One evening this week we decided to take Poppy for a walk over to the field near where we live, only this particular evening a hot air balloon was setting up to take off from there! We had all never seen one so close so stayed and watched while it was set up and eventually took off! Poppy ran around in circles with another cockapoo and we were in awe of the balloon!
6. Holiday shopping! Who doesn’t love buying summer clothes for their holiday?! When this time of year rolls around we all start to get excited because we know our week away can’t be far off! Here is the little haul T came away with!
7. Tiana’s riding. This week I had asked if they could use the poles in their lesson as T really enjoys doing that, so out the poles came and all 4 girls had such a great lesson riding over them. T just looked happy and confident this week,like she really knew what she was doing and was happy doing it.
There are my 7, I hope you have all had a great week and are still enjoying some nice weather!
Thanks for reading