The Liebster Award 2018 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means ‘sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome’.
I was nominated for this award by Anna J over at Repeat After Me, thank you so much, its lovely to hear you really enjoy reading my blog! Anna blogs about life as a Mum, teacher and wife who has recently moved into a new home which is all still being built and the challenges that faces! I have really enjoyed learning about her life in New Zealand and love that she did a similar series to me, 21 Days of Gratitude , after all its all about being grateful for the small things when you are a busy parent! Please pop over and give her blog a read, I think you will like it 🙂
Here are the questions I was set;
- What movie do you REALLY wish had a different ending? I would have to say Romeo and Juliet. This is my favourite all time film, the Baz Luhrmann version, I grew up on this film and still know every word by heart. The moment they both take their own lives crushes me every time, Shakespeare knew how to write em!
- What makes you feel truly happy? My family. There is nothing I love more than knowing I have a whole day with my little family, even just breakfast in bed, a walk round the lake and a DVD evening is just perfect for me as long as I get to spend time with them, they are my world and I would be lost without them both.
- What is your favourite strange sandwich filling? Cheese and sweet chilli sauce – just try it!
- Where is the most memorable place in the world you have visited and why was it memorable? I would have to say Barcelona because I went on my own, yes my own. I was on my own at the time and wanted to go away so I went for 4 days and 3 nights and explored this beautiful place while T stayed with her Dad. It is a magical place filled with art, culture and sunshine and I cant wait to go back again one day.
- What was an act of kindness that stood out to you, in your life or another’s? I really enjoyed when we did the gift tree at Christmas. In our local shopping centre there was a tree filled with gift tags with a child’s age and name on. There was a mixture of all ages and girls and boys who wouldn’t get any Christmas presents that year as their family were not in a position to afford it. We took a tag and went and chose a few little things to go in a gift bag for a little girl and handed it in to the desk. It really meant a lot to me to know a little girl would be painting her pottery bird and colouring in her book that we bought her and hopefully we would have put a smile on her face while taking some of the pressure off of her family, after all its not everyone’s fault they are in the situation they are in, sometimes people just need a break.
- What is something you are proud of having accomplished? Passing my driving test! It took me 6 times and I didn’t pass until I was 21 but I got there in the end and love having a car!
- What 5 words would you use to describe yourself? Loyal, emotional, loving, kind and organised!
- What is the last thing you did that you feel guilty about? I honestly can’t think of anything sorry!
- If you were to leave your partner for a famous person, who would it be? Leonardo Dicaprio – sorry Scott! Going back to the Romeo and Juliet thing I’ve loved every film he has ever been in since this film and have seen them all! He does a lot to raise awareness of climate change and has his own organisation that undertakes projects all over the world, shame he doesn’t seem to be that great at settling down in a relationship! Looks like you are stuck with me Scott!
- When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably and what was it about? Again I just can’t think, I feel like I’ve spent a lot of time trying to keep myself busy lately, I’ve had catch ups with friends and spent time with my family but I feel like I’ve been really quite blurgh in my mood for a little while. I think stress at work and feeling lonely at home play a big part in this. This doesn’t mean I haven’t had fun times and haven’t smiled but laughed uncontrollably? I honestly don’t know and I hope this changes soon.
- What ‘home help’ would you most like (personal chef, nanny, gardener etc) and why? I would have a chef. I have a collection of cookbooks, access to the internet 24/7 and yet still get stuck on new and exciting things to cook. To come home every day to healthy, nutritious meals cooked for me, lunches prepped and different breakfasts ready when I wake up would be a dream for me!———————————————————————————————————————-
If you decide to accept the award, here are the 10 questions you will need to answer 🙂
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- What is your new favourite hobby?
- Where did you grow up?
- When did you last “just do it”?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- Name something you are really proud of and tell me why.
- What is the most memorable trip you have taken and why?
- What do you most love about blogging?
- What is your favourite weekend breakfast?
- Name an act of kindness that you or someone you know has carried out.
- James Edgar Skye – his honest and sometimes raw blog details his battle with mental health. His passion for sharing his experiences to try and help others is clear throughout his blogging and I look forward to reading his posts.
- Bellas Babbles – I really enjoy reading this blog, it talks about everything from family life to anxiety to finding peace in where you are in life. She just has a way of writing that makes you want to comment and want to get involved in conversation.
- Fractured Faith Blog – Stephen writes about his past experiences in the hope to help others. He is open about his mistakes and where he is at with his faith right now, he blogs about topics that really make you think but also just wants to talk about the book he is writing and the marathon he is training for too! He is a really responsive blogger and really takes the time to not only comment on others blogs but reply to comments on his own blog. His family also write on this blog sometimes which is great. You will find it hard not to become a regular reader of this blog.
- Caffeinated Carly- Carly is a really sweet person who blogs about food, fitness, her home life and fun things she gets up to. She loves to receive comments on her blogs and with the delicious food she cooks and inspiring workouts she takes I leave plenty! If you want to see great food, a lot of fun times and be inspired to get fitter this is the place to go.
- Thefatdormouse Alison writes her blog from a village in France where she lives. She inspired me to carry out 40 Random Acts of Kindness with my daughter for lent. She is funny and honest throughout her blog which I look forward to reading, not to mention seeing her latest zentangling designs!
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional in 2018)
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
To accept the nomination, answer my questions, tag me and notify me of your post by commenting on my post! I look forward to reading your answers! Remember to nominate other bloggers so we can all continue discovering new blogs, building relationships, and supporting one another!