This week started really well but with a little dip in my mood smack bang in the middle I’ve had to work hard to pull myself around, although it might not look like I’m working hard on the outside I promise you I am trying Mr M.
So here are my 7 things that have made me happy this week, it’s weeks like this I need to focus on this list even more!
1. Pancake day! As is tradition in our house we had nothing but pancakes lemon and sugar for dinner on this day and finished up with tummy aches vowing to not eat another pancake for 12 months! I was super proud of the pancakes I managed to flip and only a small amount escaped the pan and was eaten by Poppy!
2. New water bottles! So I am really awful at keeping hydrated, some days I can go all day and only drink about an inch of my water bottle! Recently my work colleagues have been reminding me to drink and I’ve been doing much better but still no where near as good as them. Tuesday Scott came home with a new water bottle and travel mug for us both! There is no way of escaping how much I’ve drank with this bottle and even though it is a lot bigger than my old one I love the design and vow to one day finish the whole thing!
3. Valentines Day– so we did cards Tuesday evening as T isn’t here on a Wednesday and I was so lucky to have not just a handmade card from T and a card from Scott but also a cute little woollen heart she had made for me at holiday club! I got them both a little chocolate cake and decorated the plates with hearts left over from our wedding day. It was a lovely evening.
4. I got 1000 likes on my blog! When I started this blog in Oct 2016 I wondered if anyone would even read it so to think people have pressed that like button 1000 times is really quite something and made me really happy 😊
5. I became a book fairy! So while searching online for a book club or something similar I came across The Book Fairies. They are a worldwide group that spreads the love of reading by leaving free books for people to read and pass on! You simply sign up on their website and order some stickers for your books then share your book drops on social media. My stickers came on Thursday and it made me really excited to start!
6. We started on our 40 Random Acts of Kindness! So far we have donated 2 games to holiday club, left a love rock in the swimming pool changing rooms, left a note on a random car and today I set up the shed library for my street! It’s really felt great to do and T has enjoyed it too, I’m looking forward to seeing how it works with us being back at school and work next week.
7. Flowers from my best friend. Friday night she came to watch T ride then we had a night in and I cooked us chili while we sat and caught up on each other’s lives. She brought me and T flowers to cheer me up after reading my previous post which really made me smile. The card is one T made at a little club we went to with our friends this week, I thought it went well on the window.
8. I know it says 7 but this week there are 8 and hey it’s my blog so I make no apologies 😋 Date day– Scott and I went to the cinema to watch the Greatest Showman! Wow what an amazing film! We both loved it from start to finish, the soundtrack is amazing, the storyline, even though at times you can tell what is going to happen it doesn’t matter because it’s a story of how love and friendship is all you need and in the end how everything you need is usually right in front of you. If you haven’t seen it I completely recommend you do because you cannot leave that theatre in a bad mood, it’s just impossible!
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, thanks for reading,