As I sit in my garden after just eating a salad in the blazing sunshine I feel like I have a lot to be happy about! Ok my braces are killing me and am aching from my workout and walk and still have to get all this washing off the line and into the house yet but life is good 😄
Here are 7 things that made me happy this week,
1.Workout results. So along came the end of the month which meant time to take more progress pictures. (I always take pictures at the end of every month so I can the difference my workouts make, I don’t share them anywhere they are just for me.) So I took the usual picture, front on in my sports bra and joggers and was again pleasantly surprised with the difference since last month. The other picture was of myself in a bikini to see what a difference my squat challenge made. Wowzers. I am so happy I took a month out to do one more squat every day, the difference is amazing! So much so that I am going to continue with some squats every day just to keep this up! Workouts produce results if you keep at it long enough and this is why I love how I feel when I work out 😊
2. Poppy. Come rain or shine this little pooch is always ready for a walk, She has gone a little crazy over tennis balls lately and will drive us nuts if one is stuck behind the sofa even though she has another 5 in her basket! She went through a stage of not wanting cuddles in the evening but lately she will ask to sit on our laps or next to us on the sofa and is happy to be cuddled for some time which we really love. I don’t know if it’s to do with her approaching 2 years old but whatever the reason she now loves to cuddle which makes me happy.
3.Healthy living! I don’t know if it’s the warm weather or the marathon diet Scott is following but I am all over eating well at the minute! I’m loving salads, bananas on toast with quark and cinnamon and this is some chicken I made Scott for lunch at work with a few herbs, pepper and tomato on green veg and sweetcorn.
4. Walking. With the better weather I have been so inspired to walk more and have really enjoyed it. I took Poppy for a 3 mile walk this morning after completing a 25 minute HIIT workout, I must be mad! (Really I just wanted to get out before it got crazy busy everywhere but it still felt good to go that far and I can’t wait to do it again another day.) So far this week I’ve walked 12.6 miles 😁
5. I finished my book! I’ve been reading Chasing the Dream and the story line has just been so gripping I’ve struggled to put it down this week! The main character has so many traumatic events in her life but with it being set in the 1920-1930 England she just had to get on with it and she was a trooper! I loved this book and it’s made me eager to start another one. I’ve put a post it note inside saying Great Read and put it back in my library.
6. A little treat. Ok so it’s good to have a little treat every now and then or what is the motivation to work out? This was my treat this week and it was worth every calorie laden mouthful 😂
7. T had a friend round to play. This particular little girl doesn’t speak at school, She is just incredibly shy and so whispers to the teachers, doesn’t answer questions in class or read out loud and whispers to all her friends. But when she comes here and it’s just me and T we can’t stop her talking 😊She is a right little chatterbox and such a sweet little girl. They had a great time playing outside and even eating dinner and ice creams in the garden.
I hope you have all had a great week and I would love to hear something that made you happy!