Wow where did this week go! I feel like it’s passed in a week of work and workouts with some quality time squeezed in too. I hope you have all had a great week, now I have time for my blog here are my 7 happiest moments from the last 7 days. I would love to hear what has made you happy this week!
1. Meik Wiking the author of The Little Book of Lykke liked my tweet sharing my favourite parts of the book! I was thrilled to bits that he even noticed my little review let alone liked it 😁
2. Cooking healthy meals. Saturday I was on my own for dinner but made it a healthy one of grilled chicken, Jacket potato and salad.
3. Watching the six nations 2018. Ok so I’m not the most committed rugby fan in the world, I don’t keep up with the team changes, or watch local teams but I do love a good Six Nations! I support Ireland as my Grandfather was Irish and I picked up an Ireland rugby shirt about 10 years ago when I visited Dublin for the weekend. Scott jokes I’m only Irish when the rugby is on but T has now started following Ireland too which makes me happy 😊
4. Spending the morning with a friend talking about her wedding plans and making rocky road ready for T’s school bake sale. We had such a lovely morning eating crossaints, waffles and strawberries then catching up on her wedding prep, It was so nice to just hang out and chat about the weeks worries! The kids all had great fun mixing up the rocky road and squishing into dishes ready for the fridge too!
5. When the snow came down and T looked at it falling out of the window and said “wow it looks so beautiful like it’s just falling and making the world a better place!”
6. Date night. Wednesday I came home from work to candles, a fire, prosecco in the fridge and dinner cooked for me. It’s amazing what taking time to really appreciate each other even just for a few minutes every day can really do for a relationship. Once you take that leap to make the other person happy it’s like a domino effect, it just keeps happening back again and again and all of a sudden you are reminded of why you married each other.
7. A teacher training day for T. This meant a day off work, school and a day at home 😊 T had a friend round to play for a couple of hours in the morning then we popped to some shops for a little browse before I painted her nails for half term week and she had a riding lesson. It was a happy day, until she fell off her pony! Luckily she was fine and got right back on but we did have lots of lovely cuddles when we got home.